The course includes:
· What is mental health? Different diagnoses and their symptoms, with examples from sport
· Physical impacts of mental health problems
· Mental benefits of exercise
· Mental health in the context of coaching – practical guidance
· Practical communication tips for coaches
· Legal requirements of clubs
· Signposting to other sources of help and information
The training is delivered by Time to Change, a project by leading mental health charities Mind and Rethink. All attendees will receive a certificate of attendance.
Clubs may send several coaches. If clubs do not have a qualified coach then a volunteer, manager or senior player may attend.
More details and dates of courses below