Statement of Intent 28 Feb 2018
Following on from a meeting on 15th January 2018, BF and BAF representatives committed to working together in order that BAF regain recognised body status:
It was agreed that the following activities will be undertaken by representatives of both organisations as part of regaining this status
- Continue registering coaches working in the UK on the BF Coaches Register
- Align approach on Safeguarding Policies and Procedures (including Safeguarding reporting frameworks)
- Clarify responsibilities and respective coverage around Insurance framework
In addition to the above, the organisations will also have ongoing dialogues with regards to working together on:
- Sector Qualification & Accreditation in light of the expected new cross sport professional coaching standards(CIMSPA).
- Addressing poor practice concerns
British Fencing Coaches’ Register
Members who wish to be listed on the British Fencing coaching register should apply individually and directly to BF.
Applying to join the BF Coaching Register does not affect your membership of the Academy. You need not relinquish your Academy membership.