Covid-19: Coming out of lockdown
As we come out of lockdown, it is important to follow the UK Government guidelines. It is strongly recommended that you study the British Fencing website, there is plenty of specific fencing related advice and guidance, for part time/full time coaches and for clubs. This advice and guidance will be updated on a regular basis so keep checking back. You must keep yourself, your fencers, your club and fellow coaches safe and well.
Prof. Peter Northam, President.
Please also see the latest news from British Fencing on sword in hand practice following the Government changes from the 4th of July to a 1 metre social distancing rule:
BIRMINGHAM FENCING CLUB
The British Academy of Fencing (BAF) is the acknowledged coaching organisation for the sport of fencing in the United Kingdom.
We provide a comprehensive programme of support and teaching for coaches both from Britain and abroad.
- We provide a training system that is 100% focused on the sword in hand acquisition of the skills of a fencing coach.
- Our curriculum provides for a systematic and logical development of these skills from beginner coach to Fencing Master.
- Our mission is to develop the practical skills of the fencing coach to the highest possible degree.
- We provide teaching and support in the technical and tactical skills of coaching any fencer from beginner to Olympic competitor.
- We support and encourage coaches and Masters in the continual development of their own skills and the modernisation of the sport.
- We provide a technical foundation from which a coach can then choose to develop as a club, school, leisure or performance coach.
- We provide an extensive set of supporting documents for these skills.
- July 27 - August 1