We would like to wish every member of the Academy a Happy New Year!From the Committee of the British Academy of Fencing
December 2020 Covid-19 Guidance in a tiered system:
BIRMINGHAM FENCING CLUB
The British Academy of Fencing (BAF) is the acknowledged coaching organisation for the sport of fencing in the United Kingdom.
We provide a comprehensive programme of support and teaching for coaches both from Britain and abroad.
- We provide a training system that is 100% focused on the sword in hand acquisition of the skills of a fencing coach.
- Our curriculum provides for a systematic and logical development of these skills from beginner coach to Fencing Master.
- Our mission is to develop the practical skills of the fencing coach to the highest possible degree.
- We provide teaching and support in the technical and tactical skills of coaching any fencer from beginner to Olympic competitor.
- We support and encourage coaches and Masters in the continual development of their own skills and the modernisation of the sport.
- We provide a technical foundation from which a coach can then choose to develop as a club, school, leisure or performance coach.
- We provide an extensive set of supporting documents for these skills.