- This event has passed.
Coaching Course, Level 1, Foil, Epee, Sabre.
February 1, 2019 - March 8, 2019
This six weeks Level One course lead by Prof. Peter Northam, President, British Academy of Fencing, is available at Foil, Épée and Sabre. At the end of the course you will be assessed and successful candidates will be awarded a BAF Level One Certificate in their chosen weapon.
BAF Level One
An introductory award designed for those who wish to begin to teach fencing. Candidates who successfully reach the required standard should be able to take absolute beginners – either singly or in small groups – and to teach them the basic strokes of fencing.
Who is it aimed at?
- Those who are 18 or over and who wish to start to teach/coach
- Those currently without qualifications
- Those wishing to broaden their fencing knowledge
- Those who have fenced for a minimum of 12 months
- A desire to learn and acquire new skills and knowledge
What will I learn?
- Fencing terminology
- The basic fencing skills of a coach necessary to give the correct openings and conditions for a variety of fencing actions
- How to conduct class and individual lessons
- The key teaching points associated with basic fencing movements
- Health and Safety Information
What do I get when I pass?
- A certificate from the BAF (an additional £11 is payable)
- You are then eligible to apply for membership of the BAF as an ‘Associate of the Academy’. The BAF is an Internationally recognised coaching organisation.
- Associates of the Academy enjoy a number of benefits including insurance cover for coaching activities, discounts on Academy courses, receipt of the Academy Newsletter.
Friday 1st February 2019 from 18:45 to 20:45 and weekly thereafter.
The six weeks course costs £50. This is not refundable in part or in whole. At the end of the course those who have passed will need to pay an additional £11 to BAF for the certificate, which will also be accepted by British Fencing. Maximum of 8 fencers per course.